Flirty Freddy


I haven't been out on a date in a really long time. I just recently broke off my engagement with my boyfriend of 8 years. My friends insisted that I stop moping around my house and get back to dating.

So there's Freddy, a man who is a friend of a friend. Our mutual friend decided it was a great idea to set us up on a date. At the time, I was extremely nervous & hesitant about going - but I got talked into it anyway.

Immediately, I should have known that the date was doomed from the beginning. We agreed to meet at the restaurant at approximately 7:30PM. I got there around 7:40 - thought I'd be the late one until Freddy comes strolling in at 8:15. Sometimes, being late is inevitable because of traffic, getting lost, ect. but he didn't bother to call/text and let me know he was running late. That's what bothered me the most, the fact that he didn't have the decency to let his date know when he'd be in, that was strike one.

Strike two happened when he excused himself to get a drink at the bar. The bar I don't mind, but he didn't offer to get me anything. I'm not old-fashioned to the point where a man needs to pay for everything (because I don't believe in that) but to be a little courteous would've been pleasant.

The last strike was absolutely embarrassing. So as he leaves to the bar, he takes about 35-45 minutes to even return the first time. We order some appetizers but I notice that his attention is at the bar. I see him trying to get through his drink as fast as possible, he mumbles what he wants to our waitress and tells me he’s going to get another drink at the bar.

At this point, I’ve had enough. I give him about 15 minutes to return to the table – when he doesn’t, I decide to head over to the bar. This is where I see him with 3 other women, all sitting close to him. He’s got one sitting in his lap and a hand on another woman’s ass. I was absolutely beside myself, didn’t know how to react, if I should react, and how I would get out of my disaster date.

I tap him lightly on the shoulder, he looks shocked. I thank him graciously for a truly unforgettable night and excuse myself.

Yes, I was upset at first but now I laugh about it. Mr. Flirty Freddy will be forever single and with good reason. To all the males out there - if you're not into your date, or don't want to date please save yourself some time and refuse at the start.